Spring is upon us! It's time to clear out your closets and storage lockers. Donate gently-used furniture or clothing items to the Calgary Drop-In Centre or recycle old electronics with the Electronic Recycling Association. Pulp Shred will also be available to shred personal documents.
Items the Drop-In Centre will accept:
- Furniture - beds, dressers, kitchen tables and chairs, couches, desks, shelving units, TV’s and more.
- Household Goods - kitchenware, cookware, microwaves, small appliances, can openers, vacuums, bedding, linen, towels, and other items that make a house a home.
- Clothing - lightly used clothing – from business to casual, outerwear, footwear, and other essentials.
Items the Electronic Recycling Association will accept:
- Apple Mac Items
- Computers (Desktops and Notebooks)
- Network Equipment
- Peripherals (Keyboard, mouses, CD/DVD Rooms…)
- Barcode Equipment
- Monitors-CRT, LCD
- PC Parts
- Server Racks
- Toners and Cartridges (full ones only)
Other Electronic Equipment:
- Wires and cables
- Fax Machines
- Projection Systems
- Telecommunication Equipment
- VCR, DVD
- Audio/Stereo Equipment
- Mobile Phones
- Satellite Equipment
- Wireless Equipment
- Gaming Consoles
Pulp Shred will accept personal documents only.
No business or commercial documents accepted. Restricted to 3 boxes/bags worth of documents per household.
Please refer to the materials acceptance policy for further details.
Confidential documents will be handled by Pulp Shred bonded, security trained, and professional service staff only. The contents will be secured in our locked containers. Boxes, if any, will be broken down for recycling. Containers will be securely transported in Pulp Shred security and GPS equipped vehicles to our secure data destruction facility.
Please note, all COVID-19 restrictions will be followed and enforced. Kindly follow the directions of our volunteers.