Log in

Architecture

National Music Centre
(Studio Bell)

At once a performance hall, recording facility, broadcast studio, live music venue, and museum, Studio Bell is the first facility of its kind in North America.


Learn More StudioBell.ca



King Edward Hotel

Also known as the "King Eddy", this former hotel in Calgary has had a long history. Most recently, this heritage building was torn down then re-assembled brick-by-brick when it was revitalized and integrated into the National Music Centre.

Learn More KingEddy.ca

Central Library

The Calgary Central Library, also known as the Calgary New Central Library (NCL), is the flagship branch of the Calgary Public Library system. The building opened on November 1, 2018, replacing an earlier central branch built in the 1960s in Downtown Calgary.

Learn More CalgaryLibrary.ca



Simmons

The Simmons Factory Warehouse was built in 1912 by the Alaska Bedding Company, but is best known for its long-term association with Simmons Canada beginning in 1919. The warehouse was rehabilitated by CMLC and re-opened to the public in 2015 as a multi-restaurant amenity for the new East Village. 

Read More

St. Louis Hotel

The St. Louis Hotel in East Village is a designated heritage building and a storied local landmark where some of Calgary’s most colourful characters met, planned and made history.

Bought by Calgary Municipal Land Corporation in 2008 and carefully restored over two years, the three-storey building is now home to CMLC’s corporate headquarters on the top two floors.



Cecil Hotel

Despite high hopes of honouring the Cecil Hotel’s historical significance and incorporating the landmark building into the fabric of the newly revitalized East Village, the old building has been demolished based on the findings of several due diligence investigations.

In August 2015, the historic Cecil Hotel sign was removed and refurbished. It is currently installed in the St. Louis Hotel as a temporary art installation, but ultimately is intended for future community use.

George C. King Bridge

The George C. King Bridge (formerly known as the St. Patrick's Island Bridge and colloquially known as the Skipping Stone Bridge) is a pedestrian bridge that spans the Bow River just northeast of Downtown Calgary. The bridge was built by the Calgary Municipal Land Corporation (CMLC) as part of the wider redevelopment of East Village, in tandem with a $45 million redevelopment of St. Patrick's Island Park. Planning for the new bridge began in 2009, with construction getting underway in 2012.



Reconciliation Bridge
(Langevin Bridge)

This through truss bridge was opened in 1910 and was named for Sir Hector-Louis Langevin, one of the Fathers of the Canadian Confederation.

The span carries southbound traffic across Bow River, from Memorial Drive to Riverfront Avenue. In 2009, CMLC set up 5,600 programmable lights on the bridge as part of the RiverWalk project.

The bridge was renamed after a majority vote at Calgary city council on Monday, January 23, 2017, with the new bridge being named the Reconciliation Bridge. On May 26, 2018, the bridge was renamed in a ceremony.

Our Vision

An inclusive, thriving, and vibrant East Village where all are welcome to live, learn, work, and play.

OUR MISSION

To encourage conversation and interaction to create a sense of belonging and ownership for all who live, work, and play in East Village.

Our Connection

Email: Info@yycevna.org

Mail: 536 9 Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0S1