About EVNA Membership
As a neighbourhood association, EVNA is of the people, by the people, and for the people, which means we need our residents to help us make East Village a community. We want all residents and businesses in East Village to be connected and informed so our neighbourhood can continue to be a vibrant, safe, and friendly place to live, work, and play.
5 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Stay Informed: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to East Village.
2. Be Connected: You are connected to a larger group banded together to make East Village a great place to live and work. You have many opportunities to network with your fellow EVneighbours, building your contacts, sharing ideas, and building a vibrant community.
3. Be Empowered: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life. This is best exemplified at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) when members in good standing are empowered to vote on Board governance and community issues.
4. Be an Advocate: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that our EVneighbours' voices are being heard on public policy issues, including city planning and development, safety and vitality, social programs and outreach.
5. Be a Volunteer: Members can volunteer in a number of roles that can accommodate your schedule, from event day labour to committee or Board of Director positions. Volunteering allows you to get involved and develop new skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth, or self-promotion.
As of October 24, 2020, memberships will be renewed annually from the day you join (365 days).NOTE: If you paid for a membership prior to Octover 24, 2020, your membership is set to expire on December 31, 2020 as our memberships were based on the calendar year, rather than 365 days from your join/renewal date as it is now.
If you cannot afford the fee but would like to be a member, please contact us to make special arrangements.
Business Membership is required to:
Resident Membership is required to: